Home made vietnamese beef pho… is there anything better in the world? With brais…
Home made vietnamese beef pho… is there anything better in the world? With braised brisket and rare fillet steak and all the accompaniments…one of the best things I have ever made!
Nommy tabbouleh! Im sure you all know I’m not a salad fan…but I bloody love tabb…
Nommy tabbouleh! Im sure you all know I’m not a salad fan…but I bloody love tabbouleh and it’s surprisingly easy to make!
1. Soak some bulgar wheat in boiling water for around 20 mins till soft and drain
2. Add to a bowl with loads of chopped parsley, mint, onion, tomato and olive oil and lemon juice.
That’s it! Easy peasy and goes with everything!
Last nights yummy dinner! was chief photographer as for some reason when I turn…
Last nights yummy dinner! dancabban was chief photographer as for some reason when I turned the roti’s I decided to do that with my hand and burned my fingers in the searing hot pan
Sri Lankan fish curry and home made roti! Super delicious and rich tasting, the curry can be put together in no time at all!
And home made roti, they are just the best – flakey, crunchy buttery goodness!!!! Nommmm
1. Need together 2 cups of flour, 250ml water and a pinch of salt for 6-7 minutes until smooth and set to one side for 10 mins
2. Cut dough into 8 equal parts. Roll out each part as thin as you can and brush melted butter across the surface
3. Roll the sheet of dough up into a sausage shape, and roll into a scroll. Flatten the scroll with your hand and roll out again to about 5mm thick
4. Fry on a medium heat in oil until golden (3/4 mins, flip half way)
5. Fry an onion in some oil until soft. Add in a spice paste made from ginger, garlic, panch phoran, ground coriander and curry powder and cook for a few minutes
6. Add 10 curry leaves, some chopped fresh tomatoes and broccolini and cook for a few minutes
7. Add a can of coconut milk and refill the can with cold water and add that in too. Cook for 5-10 mins
8. Add some chunks of salmon (or other fish, prawns, even chicken…) and cook for 5 mins until just cooked through
9. Serve with your lovely roti
Soy and ginger steamed barramundi!! Simple, delicious and healthy. Served with s…
Soy and ginger steamed barramundi!! Simple, delicious and healthy. Served with some jasmine rice.
1. Cook some jasmine rice according to pack instructions. Stir through some coriander and lime zest.
2. Chop a thumb of ginger into matchsticks. Place the skinless fish into a plate or bowl (that will fit in your steamer with space around the edge) and sprinkle the garlic over the top
3. Mix together equal parts soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl, and grate in a clove of garlic
4. Pour the soy mixture over the fish and ginger and leave to marinate for a few minutes
5. Chop a few spring onions up into very thin strips. Place in a bowl of ice cold water to curl up
6. Steam the fish over simmering water for 10-12 minutes
7. When fish is cooked, sprinkle over the spring onions.
8. Heat up a quarter cup of equal parts sesame oil and vegetable oil until it’s hot
9. Pour the hot oil directly over the spring onions – it should sizzle and cook the onions slightly
10. Serve with rice and some sliced chillis
Thai chicken laab in lettuce cups fresh, healthy, quick and delicious – a perfe…
Thai chicken laab in lettuce cups fresh, healthy, quick and delicious – a perfect light dinner or lunch
1. Soften an onion in a wok. Add in some grated garlic, ginger and lemongrass and stir fry for a couple of minutes
2. Add in some chicken mince and stir fry on super hot until crunchy and cooked
3. Toast some rice in a pan until golden, and then blitz into a powder. Add into the mince, as less as a spoonful of sugar, tbs of fish sauce and some lime juice
4. Turn off the heat – stir in some chopped coriander, spring onions and chilli
5. Divide the mixture into lettuce cups and enjoy!
Yummy!!! Crispy skin salmon, noodles, pak choi and wontons...- 2021-12-07
Super rich, warming and delicious – filled with chunks of barramundi and some home-made tofu puffs… not sure how successful they were...- 2021-12-07
How good are fajitas?!!!! The ultimate quick cheap dinner comfort food...- 2021-12-07
A little psychotic – but I think you can tell I’m in my happy place...- 2021-12-07
The dry aged products are just sensational, gorgeous capegrimbeef butchered perfect into steaks which have the best flavour I have ever experienced!...- 2021-12-07
Lamb and ginger dumplings for lunch…feeding my soul...- 2021-12-07
HOW have I only just discovered sandwichchefs!!!! This was amazing – 14 hour slow roasted beef with gravy,...- 2021-12-07